flower

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Stinded Day"



Ya'll pray for this kid! He has cried everyday at school because he does not want to go to "stinded day." We have had a talk every morning telling him to be a big boy. He is upset because he does not want to take a nap so I assure him he does not have to. His teacher will allow him to sit quietly on the carpet with a toy if he would rather. Yesterday when I passed his teacher in the hall way she stopped me to tell me the saddest story I have ever heard...
My boy was sitting in chapel and he looked over at his teacher and asked if he could go to the bathroom. His teacher said the look on his face made her follow him to make sure he was ok. Then she said he walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind him and all of a sudden she hears weeping. She was going to go in and check on him when he comes through the door with red eyes. As he was wiping his tears away he say, "I'm okay." She asked him if he was sure and he said yes I just don't want to go to 'stinded day. From that point on there were no more tears but he was very sad.
This kid actually excused himself from chapel, went into the stall, had a little cry by himself, sucked it up, and walked back out to finish chapel. I appreciated the obedience to stop the dramatic crying, but it broke my heart to think of him in that stall unable to control his emotions. How sad is that!! Please pray for him to be a big boy. He know I am just down the hall from him and that does not help. My little boy is growing up. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment